Jul 6, 2012

Daily thoughts - A long distance love affair

it has been several months now since i moved to nyc. so far im really having a blast. im enjoying the sights the food and everything else that ive been dying to experience from the time i started watching the show sex and the city a decade ago. im always in awe of the new things i see everyday.


ive gotten quite spoiled in fact because they do have a lot of good restaurants here. i dont remember a day that i never went without a good dessert. every weekend i get to also go out and do a little shopping. I try to live within my limits though and im saving so I can move to my own apartment.

it has been really great all in all and i cannot really complain. there are a lot of reasons why NYC is the number one destination for tourists who go to the USA.

but living the comfortable life here hasnt stopped me from thinking of the cats i left behind in the philippines. technically they arent all my cats but i grew fond of them while i stayed there temporarily before permanently moving here. 3 of those cats i left behind are going to join me here soon. my main issue now is what s going to happen to the rest?

im terrified and upset to even think about it. right now im in the middle of  trying to extend the cats' stay at my family's house. not everyone share my sentiment in keeping the animals and honestly i dont really have control over that. im million miles away and if they decide to get rid of the cats, all i can do is cry and be really sad over it. i just love those cats. in fact i send money every month for their food and litter. im even planning to send in extra to pay the help who cleans my room because my blind cat boomer lives there for now.

the 3 cats im getting are in a way "safe". because my brother knows im getting them very soon.  but the rest of the housecats arent so. their "lease" is about to expire. and that is something ive been trying to not think of for the past few months. however i knew this issue will pop up sooner or later.

so im planning to blog about it until i hopefully find a home for the other cats. i believe that somehow one kind soul may share the same love i have for these animal. and if by some great chance that good samaritan may even want to share their home with at least one of these cats.

until then, i wont stop trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments are moderated