Oct 12, 2009

Tsokolateng Itlog

2 years ago my then fiance sent me a birthday box filled with a bunch of goodies. It had a book, combos, filler pads for swiffer (I requested for this one), a stuffed animal, bath products and a Kinder Egg

I loved all of it. The chocolate caught my interest because it was so good. It was the first time I ever had one of these eggs.
It was called a Kinder Egg. My fiance got it during a layover at Germany. It was really yummy. Unfortunately at that time they didnt have it in SG. This chocolate comes with a toy too that you have to assemble.

A year ago they started selling the "Kinder Egg" here in SG. I was so excited to find it at a local store. It looked like this

the inside looked like this :

(photo courtesy of http://bit.ly/jRvO7 site)

I was disappointed. The original Kinder egg coated the entire little container that housed the toy. The chocolate was also very good compared to the one I bought here. The plastic shell of the original Egg looked like a big pill that you can pop open and take out the toy. It looks like this:

I am unsure whether the kinder egg sold here are manufactured by the same company or its a cheap bootleg version. Im just disappointed with the taste and the toy. Not that I really care much for the toy. The local version also had a toy but it looked equally crappy. Like I said, I didnt care about the toy. My tastebuds were frustrated.

Imitation is the best form of flattery as they say, but I really dont agree on this cliche. Be it clothes, bags, shoes etc especially food.

Even if I am not into branded stuff, I just don't like fakes. Id rather have a totally unknown brand than get a knock off of a well known brand. It is really annoying as well especially if the price is almost the same (sometimes even a bit higher). My husband ate a"fake"oreo once and he threw the whole pack. He was so pissed off that he even thought of writing "to the forum".

Well now we buy chocolates mostly from the cocoa tree or fairprice where we trust the merchandise.

Here is a link that you may want to check out if you are interested in Kinder eggs:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinder_Surprise

1 comment:

  1. I love Kinder Eggs! They're delicious! It's really a shame that you can't find them in more places, though. I don't recall ever seeing them in the US either. Or anywhere else I've ever been for that matter. Just Germany.

    ReplyDelete

comments are moderated