Mar 29, 2014

Daily thoughts - 2nd and 3rd day of my one week of "Freedom"

yesterday was blah. I did have a delicious bowl of matzoh ball soup at Little Poland restaurant at the lower east side. it was so good and it cost only $6. in ny standard thats cheap. interestingly, the women serving the food are hot! im straight but still cant help but appreciate beauty.



Today is day 3 of my one week of Freedom. Got up early to feed the babies. Walked the dog, managed to make it to work on time despite the train stopping for 15 minutes at one station. It wasnt busy at work either and I even managed to do finishing touches on some of my drawings while at my desk.

A grate on the ground blew up in front of the bank kiosk in front of our building today. In fact it almost blew up one of the guys i work with. He was supposed to hang out at his usual spot to smoke when the floor suddenly exploded. I dont know if someone got hurt but thank God I wasnt there when it happened.

Roamed around wall street during my lunchbreak coz i ate my pack lunch on my first break. Saw some interesting dudes near the bull today





I left work on the dot. Saw this at the window of cohen optical on my way to the train station





When I got to my stop it was packed with people. I was lucky I still managed to get a seat on the train. When I got home, I took the dog to the park, then hurried back home to light the candles.

The apartment is a mess because I havent taken the time to clean up yet. Thats reserved for Sunday hehe.

I miss the hubby but Im somewhat enjoying being a slob right now. Lol. There are dishes in the sink, my purse, cat brush, socks, strewn on the  table, floor. Well today is Shabbat and its supposed to be a day to relax and do nothing. Blogging doesnt count as work so here I am just enjoying my me time, checking fb and browsing the net.

Cant heat up or cook food tonight so I ordered in some Chinese food. The guy who delivered the food looked like Masi Oka. "Masi" asked me to sign a piece of paper he brought that had my credit card info on it. While i was scribbling the appropriate tip on the paper, our new cat Cheesecake bolted out of the door. Unlike our other cats who are lazy and sort of slowmo when they walk, Cheesecake is agile. He used to be a streetcat and he jumps and run like a miniature Cheetah. I told Masi Oka lookalike to run after my cat, and he did! He started yelling when he got to the other end of the hallway GEt him get him! When I got to where he was I saw Cheesecake cornered in front of the elevator and Masi Oka with his terror stricken eyes pointing at the cat saying Get him gethim! I cant blame him. our new cat is huge and even if he is a darling, a stranger would take one look at his claws and long body and will know that's Danger on paws. So I scooped Cheesecake up and threw him back in the room. I said goodnight and thank you to Mr Masi Oka. He looked so relieved. I think I should have given him more for the tip come to think of it.

Here are some photos of the little cheetah







I turned on the tv to look for a show to watch. Decided on Bates Motel. The meal was was very good but I didnt even get to eat  1/4 of it. Im just not used to having my dinner in front of the tv without the hubby. Gotten used to saying grace before meals with him and debating which show to watch. I always end up choosing what he likes.

Day is almost over but its also a day closer till he comes back.


Goodnight=)



No comments:

Post a Comment

comments are moderated