Oct 15, 2010

Daily thoughts - coping, relaxing and running

It has been 2 weeks since my Dad passed away. It is a difficult phase. Me and my family are adjusting still. This afternoon we had some people to pray for my dad. They went to our house and afterwards snacks followed. This was the 9th day of a 9day prayer for the dead session. Im not Catholic so I dont really understand the whole ritual. All I know is that it is meant to make the deceased rest in peace.

There was also cake and some delicious food prepared. All my brothers also took time off from their busy schedule to be here.

I miss my Dad a lot and I really want to believe that time will make the pain go away.

Ive been spending the whole week after the burial just hanging out at the house. The funeral has been hectic and it left me beat. I needed to also relax and rejuvenate. Also, I still feel too sad to go out or do anything. Next week I have to get my ass out of the house though and start getting my supplies ready for my small business. Moping around gets tiring after awhile. And like I said, my Dad wouldnt want me to be sad all the time. Im sure he wants me to move on and be happy with my life. Time to also make time to hang out with my family. When I leave next year, it will be a few years before I can come back here to visit.

Ive also gone back to running. Its kinda hard to force myself sometimes to go out that door but I know its always the difficult part. Its like that first 10 minutes when I start jogging too. I notice that after that ten minutes, my legs start rolling effortlessly. I really hope I can keep up with this. I have this big goal in mind when I get to NYC next year.

Overall, the week that went by was good. My cats have also been instrumental in buffering my emotions and keeping my sanity at bay.

I know it will get better each day.


1 comment:

  1. It's a good thing the two cats are there to keep you company.

    Good luck with the sari sari store!

    ReplyDelete

comments are moderated