I took her to another vet and the guy told me that the medicine isnt supposed to be given to my kitten because it has steroids. It should have just been antibacterial. Now, Boomer is apparently blind. Both of her eyes have to be surgically removed. One eye costs 2000PHP plus 1500PHP for the anesthesia. The vet from the town hall suggested I put her to sleep. Some of my friends have suggested the same. One close friend even told me ( to my shock and annoyance) it is just a cat. The vet from Assumpta Dog and Cat clinic however didnt suggest PTS. He however told me he cant guarantee that the kitten will survive. He said the surgical procedure is delicate considering Boomer is still very young. Also, I have to wait for the vet's Dad to perform the surgery. The elder Vet is currently out of town and will be back next week. The younger vet seem like he just got out of the university and does not peform surgery yet. He did clean Boomer's eyes and gave me an antibacterial eye drops. He was supposed to charge me 300PHP but since my money was short, he told me I can just pay him the 100PHP when i go back.
The problem now is this. It is not easy for me to shell out the surgery fee. The store I have is not making that much money. In fact, the only time I ever splurged on myself was when I got that fitness tracker thing for Christmas. I havent even bought a new pair of running shoes because funds are kinda tight right now.
I plan to take Boomer to the states with me if she recovers from the surgical procedure. but the question is whether the immigration will allow me to bring Boomer with me.I wonder if the kitten will be given a clean bill of health and allowed to leave with me when its time to leave the country.
Boomer is in pain. I feel really terrible because I cant do anything about it right now. Ive sought help online and I havent received any response from the people I wrote to. Im looking for a vet willing to perform the procedure for a more affordable fee. But until then, Boomer is stuck with her rotting eyes. I clean it everyday and instill antibacterial eye drops..but for the pain, Ill have to get something tomorrow. She is a very sweet and smart cat. Even with her current condition, she knows how to find the litter box. She freaks out when she cant find it. She still plays and eats well. It is just sad that at night, I can hear her and she would yelp in pain.
|Boomer (with mom Pretty) last November 22 2010|
|Boomer last Nov 26|
|Boomer and the other cats, December 10 2010|
|Boomer, prior to me bringing her to the vet December 13|
|Boomer inside the paper bag after visit from the vet|
|Boomer sleeping. I was in line waiting for my turn at the Bank ATM|
|Boomer insidemy room after visit to the vet|
|Boomer still able to see, December 2010.|
Im praying for an answer. What should I do? I feel guilty for not having brought her to another vet to get a second opinion. I hope I can live with whatever decision I come up with in the morning
Bur right now, I am praying I can raise the funds for her operation.. and also that she survive this ordeal.