- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- 3 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup and 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon and 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley, divided
- 1 tablespoon and 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil, divided
- 2-1/4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon and 1-1/2 teaspoons cold water
- 3/4 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 cups cooked angel hair pasta
- In a large skillet, saute ginger and garlic in butter and oil for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Stir in the tomatoes, broth, 1-1/2 teaspoons parsley and 1-1/2 teaspoons basil. Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; add to the skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Reduce heat; add shrimp. Simmer, uncovered, for 2-3 minutes or until the shrimp turn pink. Add the pasta and remaining parsley and basil; toss to coat.