May 30, 2010

Daily thoughts - My Dad

I went home last May 6 to visit my family. I have been looking forward to it for weeks. It has been over a year since I last went home.

I was overwhelmed with excitement and anticipation because the very reason for this vacation is to see my dad.

Just two months ago I wrote an entry that my dad was brought to the emergency room. I fervently prayed for weeks that he would be okay and that he would still be alive when I go home. That time I couldnt afford to get a ticket .It had to wait.

I am very fortunate because when we arrived, Daddy was there to welcome us. I was shocked to see how much he has changed physically. His face was swollen and his belly and legs manifested the signs common to someone with CHF.

I tried to fight the tears but I guess he couldnt. Ive never seen my Dad cry. Im sure he was just really very happy to see me and my hubby.

I have never been so happy in my life to see him too. Despite how morose he looked. Here he was, my hero, the wonderful man who used to pick me up from school when I was in gradeschool. The great dad who prepares our food for school and packs it with chocolates, candies and other good stuff.

He has transformed physically to a withered, emaciated old man. It saddens me but at the same time it had made me decide on what I should do with my life.

The moment I saw him, I knew what I had to do. I chose him and Im coming home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments are moderated