Jun 18, 2011

Daily thoughts - Santacruzan

Last May 29 I was cooking puttanesca for lunch when I heard firecrackers and a band in the neighborhood. I had no clue what was going on so I just finished cooking and fed the animals in the house.

I went out to find my adorable niece dressed in an old rose colored frock. She is so cute!

my cute niece













































This parade made me smile. It also mad me a little nostalgic. I remember I used to hate it when they would force me to wear a dress and join the santacruzan when i was a kid. i also developed hives from the makeup and the itchy outfit.

2 comments:

  1. What exactly is going on here? What's this parade in celebration of? It looks like it was a lot of fun! I'm sad I missed it. There's just something so much more fascinating about this sort of thing to me than some huge commercialized parade on 5th Avenue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. check this link out http://www.seasite.niu.edu/Tagalog/Cynthia/festivals/flores_de_mayo_at_santacruzan.htm

    ReplyDelete

comments are moderated