You can find this link useful if you want to follow the step by step process of preparing Chicken sopas.
Recipe: Chicken Sopas
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium sized onion, diced
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, diced
- 32 ounces chicken broth (about 4 cups)
- 2 cups elbow macaroni
- 3/4 cup celery stalk, chopped
- 3/4 cup carrots, diced
- 3/4 cup cabbage; shredded
- 3/4 cup fresh or evaporated milk
- 1 cup water
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Heat a cooking pot and put-in the butter. Allow the butter to melt.
- Add onions and cook until the texture becomes soft.
- Put-in the boneless chicken breasts and cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle some salt and ground black pepper and stir.
- Add chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Pour-in water and milk and wait to re-boil. Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add the elbow macaroni and cook for 8 minutes while stirring once in a while.
- Put-in the carrots and celery and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add the cabbage and cook for 2 minutes more.
- Turn-off the heat and transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve hot. Share and enjoy!
- Boil the chicken breast (set aside the broth once the chicken is cooked) Shred the chicken
- In a pan, put some butter and a little olive oil.
- Add garlic then onions
- Add the shredded chicken and the red bell pepper
- While doing 1-4, put minced ginger (about 2 tbsp) in the broth and add the elbow macaroni for approximately 8-10 minutes.
- You may put the carrots, chicken mixture in the pot( fried in the pan with garlic, onion, red bell)before the macaroni is fully cooked. Season to taste.
- Add milk and let it simmer for 10 minutes or less. You may turn off the heat once the macaroni is cooked.
- Add freshly chopped scallion before serving
|Boiled Chicken (if youre wondering why there is a drumstick there, it was meant to add flavor to the broth) Set aside the broth for the soup later|
|Onions and scallions|
|Red bell pepper to give the soup a little kick|
|Elbow macaroni ( 2 cups for 2 hungry people)|
|Broth from boiled breast chicken|
|Garlic and onion|
|Mix the shredded chicken with the garlic and onion|
|I had to transfer the broth to a bigger pot when I realized the 2 cups of elbow macaroni was a lot|
|Added the elbow macaroni to the broth and before it was almost cooked, Added the sauteed chicken (with garlic, onion, pepper, some of the scallions)|