Jul 29, 2011

Daily thoughts - Enchong's castration Day 2 - post surgery

I picked up Enchong the following day after his surgery last July 21. He was meowing loudly and the vets in duty told me that he was quiet until he heard me when I walked in. I was glad he seem okay. He had to be fasted for the surgery so I bought a meowmix wetfood for him to appease his hunger


The trip back home was interesting as usual. If you have a carrier and a freaked out cat inside, its guaranteed you will get attention. A bunch of street kids helped me board a jeepney. One of the kids heard the crying cat and he called out the rest of his friends and they were all so amused and happy! They got on the jeepney to pull the stroller in. It was very sweet of them. The driver on the other hand was a real jerk and kept yelling at the kids to get off his vehicle. Rotten man.

It was hot and the damn driver dropped all of us off at a very uncomfortable distance away from the usual spot where passengers are unloaded. Lazy asshole. The walk to the tricycle stand was probably 10 minutes and it didnt help that it was unbearably hot. I felt so sorry for the poor cat. I pulled the stroller with the hysterical and furious Enchong in his carrier. Almost everyone within earshot stopped to look at the carrier and would exclaim PUSA, IMPORTED! hahaha much to my amusement.

When I got home I let Enchong out and wiped him with some wet ones before letting him back in the room.

whatchalookin at?

licking his "balls" lolz

no balls but still "proud"

back in his turf, mommy's arms


He is doing very okay now. I have to give him some antibiotics every night, which he hates by the way, but other than that, he is doing well.He still chases the female cats around. I asked the vet if this was normal. He said, although the urge may no longer be as strong as before, castrated male cats have that memory imprinted in their minds that they may still want to chase female cats and even try to bone. Interesting. I now have peace of mind when I leave Enchong with my 3 female cats.

Now my next plan is to get the two female cats that belong to my family, spayed. Pepper just gave birth to 5 kittens can you believe that? She is indeed a kitten factory. She has 2 grown up kids, Squid and Maki, Enchong, 3 "adolescent" kittens Gibor, Dalja and C2 and now 5 more kittens. Pretty had 1 kitten I named fruitcake.

Pretty and Fruitcake in one of the drawers

Boomer, one of Pretty's kittens

Pretty and Fruitcake

adorable Fruitcake!


Pepper and her many many kittens..

Pepper popped out 5 critters


how many tails can you see?

Any takers?=)
I love cats but I dont love the idea that no one will take care of them when I leave soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments are moderated