Jul 10, 2010

A few old drawings





Ive liked sketching for as long as I can remember. Ive always wanted to pursue a degree in Fine Arts but right after highschool my Mom had already decided I had to be a doctor. Well it didnt really pan out as she had planned. I had a degree in Biology, then went to Medical School for 4 years. Then a few months before graduation I took a leave and never went back. I just got so tired and sad. I wanted to figure out what I truly wanted in my life.

Well its been 6 years and Im still figuring it out. Hehehe

So after so many years of school, I feel like a high school graduate again waiting to start college. If I had the time and money I would love to go to school and take up Fine Arts or Veterinary Science. If I could only do both that would be great right but its time to be realistic though. I have bills to pay and my Dad is my priority right now.

But no one said I cannot draw again. I have made a pact with myself not to let any job deprive me of my personal time to do what I love. Sometimes you have to learn the hard way to remember some basic tenets in life.

For starters I found some old books that belong to my Dad. It has step by step how to on Watercolor Painting, Charcoal Drawing, Oil Painting, Acrylic Painting, How to draw landscapes, still figures and my favorite,the human face and body.

I also found some old drawings that I made way back in 1991. Im surprised that even without any fixative, they all seem intact. It was kind of inspiring to see them again.

my brother

sketch of a graduation pic of one of my friends in college


Elizabeth Hurley

nude lady (from a magazine)


If only I had'nt stopped drawing and learning how to improve Id probably be very good at it now. But its fine. I dont think its really too late to hone my skills. My dad said that if you have talent it will always be there. Not everyone is given the gift to draw especially without formal training. I wonder if he was referring to me though or him=). I hope the saying the fruit does not fall too far from the tree will apply on this case though. I really admire my dad's talent.

My Dad is my inspiration. He is very good at painting and sketching even if he never went to any Art school. I hope one day I can be as good as he is.

Here is a link on a post I made about some of his drawings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments are moderated